Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The New Battery Satus is "REPLACE NOW"

Dear all

I had an issue with my battery. The status was Replace now and it was not charging at all. Also my computer was running so slow.

So based on a discussion here, I decided to replace the battery with a new one. For the first day, the Battery status was normal and now (2nd day) its status is again Replace now. However the battery is chargeable now and it works without mage-safe plugged in.

I tried to reset SMC by holding ctrl+shift+option and power at the same time and releasing them. But the status didn't change.

I didn't completely calibrate the battery yet. But I let it die and then I charged the battery while the computer was off. I let it to be plugged in 30 min after it was completely charged.

Any idea how to get rid of that status?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:23 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Next2me

What is the source of the replacement battery? If it is from Apple you may very well be entitled to a replacement since it is warranted. Batteries can be very volatile and fail prematurely.

If it is a battery from a third party vendor, then you will have to deal with them.

You may need a new battery.

The only sources for MBP batteries that I can recommend are Apple and OWC.

Note that batteries in a 2011 MBP do not need calibration and letting a lithium battery totally discharge shortens that battery life.

Ciao.

Jun 3, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Next2me

It is my opinion that you should return the battery for a refund. Whether the vendor will be willing to do so is an open question.

Both sources that I recommended have one year warranties on their batteries which is definitely in your best interest. These forums are full of battery purchases from third parties that have been less than successful.

Ciao.

The New Battery Satus is "REPLACE NOW"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.