Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver reverts to National Geographic

My Mac Book Pro MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) OSXYosemite 10.10.3 screensaver reverts to National Geographic! I would like my photos as a screensaver. I have attempted fixes suggested by support. None have worked! Why dosen't Apple fix this in an update!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:17 AM

5 replies

Jun 20, 2015 11:07 AM in response to lllaass

Further to the above problem and just to confuse the issue even further my wife and I both have iMacs, the latest 27" 5K models (not bragging, just for the record). My wife's iMac screen saver keeps reverting to National Geographical Pictures mine stays on my iPhotos!! have tried the suggested solutions which worked for a short period then reverted back. Our preferences are exactly the same so am at a loss to explain it.

Aug 11, 2015 4:54 AM in response to nursejanefuzzy

I tried all the techy stuff (deleting script files, locking them, etc) and all the 'solutions' worked for a while but eventually reverted back to National Geographic pictures. So, if the subtle stuff fails, try the sledge hammer approach. Open the Mac hard drive, go to Library > Screen Savers > Default Collections > 1-National Geographic and delete all of the pictures (the sand drifts, penguins, etc) then copy your screensaver pictures into that folder. Next go to System Preferences, open Desktop and Screensaver, choose the Screensaver tab and choose National Geographic as the source. Fixed.

Aug 11, 2015 4:58 AM in response to brijanhub

I'm in exactly the same position - two 27" iMacs, both with second monitors, both lots of settings identical, mine displays the screensaver pictures I want, hers displays the National Geographic pictures the Mac wants. I tried all of the fixes but finished up deleting the NatGeo pictures and replacing them with the ones my wife wants. Put your pictures into Library > Screen Savers > Default Collections > 1-National Geographic.

Screensaver reverts to National Geographic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.