Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checking Gift Certificate ? (Sr. Citizen Type Question, Please)

Hello,

Sr. Citizen now, very, so will blame my ignorance on that.

Found a several year old gift Cert for the Store.

Guess it is used for downloading APPS, etc. to unit.

Frankly, haven't used my iPad in several years.

Would like to check out the Cert. and see if I ever actually used/redeemed it, or not.

Might someone please tell me the "exact" steps to follow, and how to go

about doing this in detail, please ?

Would be most appreciative.

(assume you are dealing with a complete idiot with this)

b. If it is still good, could I redeem it (per the above instructions), and then re-issue it to one of my kids as a new/another gift Cert.

for them to use on their iPhone ? If so, how please.

If not possible, and I doubt that I would use it these days for anything, any suggestions on transferring, etc., or what to do so it is not a waste ?

Thank you very much,

Bob

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 5:08 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Robert11X

Launch the App Store app on your iPad. Swipe to the bottom of the acreen. Tap the featured tab at the bottom if you are and not already in that area. Sign in if you are not signed in already. After you sign in, you should see a balance at the bottom of the screen telling you what you have in your account. You will also see a Redeem button there. You tap on that button to enter the code on the gift card.

IF you do not see a balance, try to redeem the card. They do not expire no matter how old they are. If it accepts the card, then you know you never used it. If you want to give it to someone else, they wI'll have to enter the code in their own iTunes account. If you don't live near the person you want to give the card to, call them and read the code to them over the phone. You could email it, but I would rather have a phone conversation than send it in an email, However, I think you would probably be OK emailing it as well.

Checking Gift Certificate ? (Sr. Citizen Type Question, Please)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.