Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book pro internet speed is very slow

i have macbook pro retina 2014, 2.2ghx 16 gb ram model running os 10.10.3.

Recently after updating to OS 10.10.3 my internet speed reduced from 1.5Mbps to 0.1Mbps.

i have tried changing DNS but it didn't work.

plz give me some solutions.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:31 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 8:54 AM in response to kimmervyn

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• Restart the router and the broadband device, if they're separate. Any change?
  • Are you connected to Ethernet as well as Wi-Fi? If so, disconnect the Ethernet cable or adapter and test.
  • If possible, connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Is networking always the same, or is the problem intermittent?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • If you're running a MacBook with the lid closed, open the lid. Any difference?
  • Start up in safe mode and test. Any difference?
  • Start up in Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. Any difference?
  • If possible, turn off Bluetooth and disconnect any USB 3 devices. Any difference?

mac book pro internet speed is very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.