Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my DCIM folder not contain ALL of my video/photo files when I plug it into the my PC?

I am using iPhone 6, updated to the latest version.

When I look at my camera roll, ALL of my video files are there but when I look at the DCIM folder some files are missing...What I noticed is that these files are saved to my camera roll from other apps and not the direct camera it self. For example the videos that I have saved from snapchat do not show up in the DCIM folder. ONLY the videos that have been recorded directly from the iphone camera show up.... How can I make these files appear so that I can copy them to my computer?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:55 AM

There are no replies.

Why does my DCIM folder not contain ALL of my video/photo files when I plug it into the my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.