Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opinions: Wireless or USB Keyboard?

I'm buying an iMac that doesn't come with keyboard nor mouse. I have an Apple USB keyboard; the one with the numbers keys on the right. Thinking of getting an Apple wireless keyboard: the one as seen on Ebay, "for iPad, iPhone, Mac OS" or terms to that effect. I reckon it's the one that comes with iMacs.

For those with the wireless keyboard: do you wish you had the "extended" USB keyboard? Vice versa?

I just searched through threads here and saw a few where people have problems with pairing and connectivity with bluetooth KBs.

All your thoughts are appreciated.

Early 2009 Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), G4 Sawtooth; 10.4.11; several upgrades

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:36 PM

Opinion is frequently worth what you pay for it and mine is free 😉

I never used the number pad on a wired KB - ever. However, if you have a perfectly good wired KB, I would not bother with buying a Bluetooth one.

The advantage - no wire to connect. However, you do have to buy batteries and/or use rechargeables.

I have never had problems with BT connectivity.

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 1:36 PM in response to David Cun

Opinion is frequently worth what you pay for it and mine is free 😉

I never used the number pad on a wired KB - ever. However, if you have a perfectly good wired KB, I would not bother with buying a Bluetooth one.

The advantage - no wire to connect. However, you do have to buy batteries and/or use rechargeables.

I have never had problems with BT connectivity.

Barry

Opinions: Wireless or USB Keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.