Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Copying and Pasting Track Logic ProX

Hi,

I'm trying to simply copy and paste the regions from one software instrument track to another.

It's simply not working. I've been able to workaround by selecting each region individually and then dragging to the new track.

I just want to duplicate the whole track with regions so that I can then nudge slightly (horns) to create a layered effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:04 AM

What i s not working? Do you get an error message or something?

Did you follow the procedure:

• Select Region(s) on one Track
  • Use copy command cmd+C
  • Select Target Track
  • Position Playhead
  • Use paste command, cmd+V

Please note that when you select Region from different Tracks, then the the paste command will paste them on their original Track regardless which Track you selected:

Useful Tip:

If you want to duplicate an entire Track with its Regions, just opt+drag the Track Header down and Logic creates a new Track with a duplicate Channel Strip setting and copies all the Regions to that.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Glenn Siegel

What i s not working? Do you get an error message or something?

Did you follow the procedure:

• Select Region(s) on one Track
  • Use copy command cmd+C
  • Select Target Track
  • Position Playhead
  • Use paste command, cmd+V

Please note that when you select Region from different Tracks, then the the paste command will paste them on their original Track regardless which Track you selected:

Useful Tip:

If you want to duplicate an entire Track with its Regions, just opt+drag the Track Header down and Logic creates a new Track with a duplicate Channel Strip setting and copies all the Regions to that.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Trouble Copying and Pasting Track Logic ProX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.