Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devices keep getting dropped. AE shows green light.

Connection map, 4 Ethernet ports on the modem:

ATT modem-> Primary Cable TV Box

Windows 7 Computer

Wii

Airport Extreme-> ATT wireless router, required for two other wireless TV boxes (2wire)

Setup of Airport Extreme went easily. 3 iPhones, and two iPads initially connected.

After a day, none of the iPhones or iPads wouldconnect.

AE showed Green light but the utility would not recognize it.

Attempting to connect using the known password would not work – kept getting enter password over and over.

Hard reset with button on power up.

Everything OK again, all devices working.

Next day, cannot connect, does not recognize password. AE does not show in utility.

Phone was set to NOT ask to join networks.

Forget this network and try to rejoin does not work.

I do not have a Mac to adjust network settings, just the three iPhones and two iPads. Why does the Airport Extreme keep dropping all devices and what can I do about it?

Airport Extreme 802.11ac, iOS 8.3, No Mac, just iPhone and iPad, Win7

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:51 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 2:57 PM in response to joejazzsjc

Plug the windows computer into the AE by ethernet.. turn off its wireless.. does it still have the same problem.

Are you setting up the AE from ipad??

Reset to factory and do the setup again.. please do not use Apple's recommend names..

The AE should be in bridge and it must create a wireless network.. make sure it is a different name (SSID) to the ATT router.

Use simple names.. short no spaces and pure alphanumeric. and lock as much as you can..

So AEgen6 (base station name)

AE24ghz for 2.4ghz wireless name.

On the wireless options page..

AE5ghz for 5ghz wireless name.

Set channels also for both 2.4ghz.. and 5ghz. say 11 and 149..

Set password by same rules but you make it longer.. 8-20 characters mixed case and numbers.

From the windows computer loaded with the airport utility tell me what the log shows.

Tell me how it goes. Force some clients to 5ghz and does it behave the same?

Give me some screenshots of the setup from whatever device you are doing the setup in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.