Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Message on Trimming Arri Alexa ProRes 4444

Editing a clip in QuickTime Player X. This is footage from an Arri Alexa camera at 1920 X 1080 Apple ProRes 4444 and 24fps.

My first question is why does QuickTime X only allow me to display and play this video at 1440 X 810. Option for actual size or other sizes not available.

Secondly, I get a message (see below) "The operation could not be completed" when I attempt to perform a simple trim. I'm not exporting after the trim but doing a Save... and renaming the clip. I looked through the ton of metadata in MediaInfo to see if there was anything unusual about this clip but I didn't see anything that stood out. If it would help to export that data or provide more details about the clip please let me know.

QuickTime 7 had no issues with this clip. Set in and out points, trim to selection, Save As... self contained, etc.. DONE!

I wish I could just let stuff like this go and be done with it but I'm holding out hope that Apple will surely improve on the features in QuickTime Player X as a simple expedient editor. In an Out points would be a nice start! 😀

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:00 AM

There are no replies.

Error Message on Trimming Arri Alexa ProRes 4444

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.