Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retina MBP 15 inch 2015 temperature and fan speed noise?...

Any help or input would be helpful about this... ( hopefully i'm just paranoid) lol

But..

A few hours ago I was resizing some HD photos in pixelmator and Acorn and had safari running in the background when my MacBook pro's fans began whirling up pretty loud-ish, the temperature was around between 43-70c I think. I closed the programs and

it took about 30 or less seconds for the temps to drop from 70c-is to in the 60-50c-ish then it dropped significantly faster (back to normal) when the fans were around 4000-5000 speeds, (the fans died down after 3 minutes.)

The next thing I did was I opened disk utility and right after opening it the fans and temp became loud and hot again, is this normal? I don't recall if my 2014 had this issue as I didn't have pixelmator. (but disk utility did cause the fans to go on in my 2014 MBP.)

The reason I started that up today was to try and get a reading of the CPU temps....

anyhoo...

I really don't want to have to take this guy in to Apple if I don't have to.

So does anyone know if pixelmator/or other art programs (acorn) and safari are heat hogs?

Like is this all pretty normal?

Thanks again for any help, it is much appreciated. 🙂

Kal.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4, null

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:27 AM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to carl wolf

sorry i meant resource hogs... so are safari and photos usually programs that would cause the fans to kick in as well... as they just did then went away while typing this... here is a screen shot of the CPU temps i took with TG Pro...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Dusty37/wfafsfsdf_zpsrbu38rjj.png

So do you think I need to take my Macbook to Apple or does this happen to most MacBooks? (fan coming on randomly and heat getting up tp 70c doing art programs and safari) Or from what I have told you do you think this is normal?

Thanks again. 🙂

retina MBP 15 inch 2015 temperature and fan speed noise?...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.