Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New Macbook Pro Leaking?

I bought a brand new Macbook Pro 12 days ago from the Apple store. A few nights ago, I left the macbook under the TV. An HDMI cord was plugged into the computer; the computer was NOT charging. I was watching a movie on the computer and it had died. The next morning I went to grab the computer and found it sitting in a puddle. There was no liquid on top of the computer, just liquid surrounding the computer evenly. I lifted the computer up and it was dripping. The liquid was clear with no scent. However, the liquid was thicker than water. The liquid beaded easily. Also, the wood furniture the computer was sitting on had been stained a lighter, almost white color. Since, the wood has returned to its original color with just a faint outline of the computer. The computer was previously dead so obviousIy it would not turn on. I never attempted to plug the computer in fearing it was the battery that was leaking. Later that day, I took the computer to the Apple store. When the employe opened the computer there were no signs of a leaking battery, or even water damage. The genius told me the computer booted and none of the water nor heat sensors had been tripped. They did file a safety report and took the computer and apparently an insurance agent is coming to my house to access the damage. However, they insisted that I "admit" I spilled something on the computer. This was not the case, there was no liquid anywhere close to the computer, no leaks in the ceiling, I have no pets etc... They would not believe I had not spilled something on the computer. They said there was no explanation After two hours l left the store with a replacement computer. The water was ONLY surrounding the computer. Nothing on top of it, no liquid on the keyboard, just underneath. Also, the liquid leaked into the cabinet and ruined the receiver for my home theater. Could someone please offer me an explanation as to what could have possibly happened??

Macbook Specs: (Not that they matter in this case)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:52 AM

3 replies

Nov 5, 2015 8:07 PM in response to IMD97

This same issue just happened with my MacBook Pro as well. I closed my Mac on Sunday afternoon still running and returned to it on Tuesday evening to pick it up with sitting on a rather saturated neoprene case. I picked the MacBook up and tilted it and a mostly clear but slightly milky colored liquid came from the usb and batter charging port. Some came in contact with my skin but nothing resulted (washed my hands quickly after). The fan area looked wet as well. I then gave it a sniff it had a light fishy/chemical cent. I contacted apple but senior rep I spoke with had never heard of this but instructed me to put into a container and scheduled an appointment with the genius bar. I have an appointment Sunday. I don't understand how there is no explanation.

<Links Edited by Host>

Brand New Macbook Pro Leaking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.