Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm new

Mac Mini (late 2012) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB running OS X 10.10.3

I opened System Preferences & Sharing and found the following message to the right of a yellow triangle containing an exclamation point:

"Screen Sharing is currently being controlled by the Remote Management service." It has me spooked! Help...thanks

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MacBook used as desktop and laptop.

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:11 AM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2015 9:47 AM in response to dendad

On the Systems Preferences > Sharing screen, there should be a 'Remote Management' line, which the message that you are getting implies you currently have ticked e.g.

User uploaded file

If you untick it the message should disappear

Remote Remote Desktop, which uses 'Remote Management' : http://help.apple.com/remotedesktop/mac/3.6/#apd8E103B85-6C6B-42D3-984B-42D0A9A1 4AA8

Apple Remote Desktop is a tool to help you manage the Mac computers on your network. You can distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks from a single console.

I'm new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.