Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me Edit a movie with QuickTime

Help me Edit a movie with QuickTime. I have both QuickTime 7 Pro, and QuickTime 10 (latest I think)

My editing needs are extremely simple. I just need to do a little trimming at the beginning and the end of the movie.

I'm finding it difficult to position the play head. I often use iMovie HD 06 for my editing. There, one can move the play head one frame at a time with the left and right arrow keys. If you press down shift, the left and right arrow keys increment 10 frames per press. Very Easy.

With QuickTime, I am using my mouse to move the play head, and I'm having a hard time putting the play head precisely where I want it.

Are there any keyboard controls with QuickTime to give me more precise control ?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:38 AM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Ziatron

Ziatron wrote:

Is there a way to increment 10 frames per press. ( or something like that ) ?

Shift-Right and Left arrows do not appear to jump 10 frames at a time; only single frames. I have a dim recollection that this feature used to be present. Remember that you can turn on frame numbers in the lower left of the player where you normally see the standard counter. Other non-mouse navigation shortcuts include J-K-L. Tapping J and L multiple times increments the speed of reverse and forward playback.

Jun 2, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Raymond Riley

I have a dim recollection that this feature used to be present.

Thanks, you're probably right. I'll add that to the long list of great things Apple has taken away. A good iMovie, iPod Classic, a photo app that can show keywords under thumbnails like Aperture. Sidebar on iTunes, Mac Pro tower where you can add components and other upgrades internally, built-in optical drives.

BUT DON'T GET ME STARTED! 😉🙂

Help me Edit a movie with QuickTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.