Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i take music off my iphone 5s

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:56 AM

Do you mean copy over to your computer or delete it from your phone ?

You can copy iTunes purchased music over to your computer's iTunes library by connecting it and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

To delete downloaded or synced music from the phone, you can do so directly in the Music app (swipe/drag from right-to-left over the track's names ; if the phone is on iOS 8 then you can also swipe/drag albums and artists), or via Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage Usage. Or when connected to your computer's iTunes you can, if using automatic syncing, change your music sync selection to remove the music that you no longer want on the phone ; or if manually managing your music select the Music tab under the 'on my device' heading and select and delete the music.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 8:56 AM in response to gracefromwalled lake

Do you mean copy over to your computer or delete it from your phone ?

You can copy iTunes purchased music over to your computer's iTunes library by connecting it and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

To delete downloaded or synced music from the phone, you can do so directly in the Music app (swipe/drag from right-to-left over the track's names ; if the phone is on iOS 8 then you can also swipe/drag albums and artists), or via Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage Usage. Or when connected to your computer's iTunes you can, if using automatic syncing, change your music sync selection to remove the music that you no longer want on the phone ; or if manually managing your music select the Music tab under the 'on my device' heading and select and delete the music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.