Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I reactivate Apple Mail after my service provider set me up with their mail system

After being unable to open my MacBook Pro, Apple helped me by resetting my password (for $29). When I opened it, though, there were no new emails in Mail, and in fact it was not working at all. The internet provider set me up with mail again, but on their mail program (Wildblue/Exede), not Apple Mail. The person I talked to seemed unable to understand what I wanted. I want Mail back! What settings do I need to change and what do I change them to? I think I am going to need some help, and I hope I don't have to pay another $29. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:39 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 9:48 AM in response to jean204

You need to find out from your e-mail provider what the account setting are for your e-mail account(s). As an example, here are the settings for Verizon POP accounts.

pop.verizon.net SMTP: smtp.verizon.net port 995 SSL password

Open Mail/Preferences/Accounts and click on the + sign at the bottom left to add an account. Choose the type e-mail account, then click continue. Enter the requested information on the next screen and click continue. When finished with the screens your account should be added and ready to use.

Account Setup click this hyperlink for information.

how can I reactivate Apple Mail after my service provider set me up with their mail system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.