Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud stopped working on both phone and laptop

Hello,

I downloaded iCloud because I had a lot of music and I wanted a quick and easy way to get it from my laptop to my phone when not connected to my laptop. IT was great until recently, most songs on my phone now constantly have the little grey cloud next to them, and will not play unless I re-download them from the cloud. That would be fine, except I cannot log in to the cloud anymore, as it insists I have the wrong password. (I do not, I know my password, and even if I mistyped the first time, I've tried about 6 or 7 more times with the same results). Strangely, I've had to go through this each time I want to play a song. I can do it fine one day, then the next day I need to redownload the song from the cloud. As if this wasn't frustrating enough (I bought all this music, and now I can't listen to it?) it's happening on my laptop too. That I understand, as this is a new macbook. I just signed in to iTunes and now everything needs to be downloaded from the cloud. Sadly, I cannot log in on my laptop either. iCloud says it's working fine but it won't let me log in. It keeps saying there's an error connecting to the server (at least it accepts my password?)

Lastly, when trying to download all my songs from iCloud to iTunes, it says there's a network error/connection timed out. My internet has been working perfectly, and I'm really tired of not being able to listen to my music.

To make helping me easier here is what I have done:

Unconnected from internet and reconnected. Done this on both phone and laptop.

Reset network settings on phone

Reset phone

Updating to iOS 8.3

At this point I will be unsubscribing from iCloud as soon as I get my music back, because this is not cool. My music should stay in one place, not insist I download it each time I want to play a song.

Thanks for any help

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:05 AM

7 replies

iCloud stopped working on both phone and laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.