Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import my iPhone photos onto my macbook pro

I've been having problems importing ALL of my iPhone photos onto my new Macbook Pro, I think it may be something to do with iCloud. I would like to entirely stop using iCloud just because it doesn't make very much sense to me. I think my Mac is registering that is has all of my iPhone photos on it because they are uploaded to iCloud, but I don't have any of them saved into Photos or iPhoto. When I attempt to import my iPhone photos to my Macbook (via USB port), it only detects 837 out of my 1,408 photos. Why is this and what can I do to fix it/get rid of iCloud? Very stressful and irritating problem, please help! I'm worried about losing all of my photos if I attempt to disconnect from iCloud on my iPhone.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:39 AM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 9:50 AM in response to caseybam

I'm not a Mac user, so I could not address that. However, I do know that only those photos in the Camera Roll can be imported. Also, using iCloud Drive and other iCloud services with photos can have an affect. Also, if the photos had been imported once before, but not deleted from the Camera Roll, they will not import the second time. At least that is the behavior with Windows.

How do I import my iPhone photos onto my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.