Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there advantages to burning a disk from IMovie 10.0.8 (sharing to file (movies) and having IDVD take it from there, or staying with 9.0.9 (publishing to browser and letting IDVD take it and burn)?

Are there advantages to burning a dish with IMovie 10.0.8 (sharing to file/movies) and then letting IDVD do its thing, or staying with 9.0.9 (publishing to browser) and then letting IDVD burn the disk? Is 10.0.8 any better?

iMovie '11

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:41 AM

No. To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Klaus1

I got the movie into IDVD but not the way you suggest. I clicked on share, to file, and best size, and one option given was to save in movies. I did that and when I opened Magic IDVD the newly created movie was there, ready to drag to the burn box. I guess my question is whether there is an advantage in time or quality when using one version of IMovie as opposed to the other.

Are there advantages to burning a disk from IMovie 10.0.8 (sharing to file (movies) and having IDVD take it from there, or staying with 9.0.9 (publishing to browser and letting IDVD take it and burn)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.