Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Developer IDE

Hi fellow developers 🙂,

I just got a macbook pro retina display i7, lovely machine. I started downloading Xcode as that is the default IDE offered by apple. But the rating is not very comforting, also the **** thing is taking ages to download just 2gb worth of data. So question is what IDE you guys are doing , I am not into anything special but I do a lot of web programming ( javascript, php, angularjs etc), Android ( planning on downloading Android developer stuff), iPhone?

So before I become too patient and for the download to end would appreciate if you guys can guide me to the right path.

Thanks

Vivek

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:16 AM

If one is planning on developing for Apple products, Xcode is the standard IDE.

Some people are going to diss Xcode and give it bad ratings but the vast majority of developers use Xcode to do their work.

2 replies

Jun 2, 2015 10:57 AM in response to vivek6

Hello vivek6,

Apple is experiencing significant network issues today. The last time this happened, it reduced most non-US Apple network activity to dial-up speeds. I was able to get around it just by turning on my US VPN. Normally I would never download software over a VPN because it would be horribly slow. But when Apple's CDN goes down, it may be useful to roll one of your own with a VPN.

Developer IDE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.