Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This fixed my WiFi connectivity issue!

This fixed the iPhone 6 WiFi connectivity for me. My case may just be just for my situation only, but it worked and has kept on working since I did what I did to fix the problem.

My iPhone 6, 64GB, has worked pretty much flawlessly since I got it in December, 2014. I am on the Sprint network and and have unlimited everything using CenturyLink and my internet provider. I use my iPhone 6 at home, at the office, and abroad—no problems. I went home from the office only to find that I was no longer connected to my home WiFi but was on LTE. This put me on the trail of doing everything I knew to do get reconnected (restarted the iPhone, reset the iPhone, restarted the modem, reset the modem, etc.) I even manually input the IP address, subnet mask, Router address, DNS, and search domains that were on my wife’s identical iPhone (hers had no problem connecting normally). This connected me to my home WiFi, but when I attempted to connect automatically, it would not connect, and the DHCP setting fields were once again blank.

Since nothing worked for me, I decided to just sit down and watch some TV. We have DirecTV and use their Genie HD DVR HR44-500. I was going to look up a YouTube video for my wife to watch and was informed that my DVR was NOT connected to the internet. I had connected it earlier that week because of an informational e-mail I had received from DirecTV.

I opened the Network settings (not the Advance Network settings) and looked at the IP address that I had put in previously. That is the 192.XXX.X.XX number for me. I changed the last two numbers, and my iPhone WiFi came on and has been on ever since. My DVR is fully-connected as well.

My conclusion was that my DirecTV Network settings had effectively cut off my iPhone Network connectivity. I do NOT have a static IP address through CenturyLink so inputting the IP address in my iPhone manual field would only last until the IP changed because of not being static in nature.

Maybe this is true with the other satellite and cable providers’ DVRs as well. Just a thought!

Dan in Colorado

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Space Gray 64GB on Sprint

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:27 AM

There are no replies.

This fixed my WiFi connectivity issue!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.