Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages Password

My Mac has been getting slower and slower, so I checked Disk Utility which told me that my system drive was failing and needed to be replaced. So I bought a new drive, erased it, and installed a fresh copy of Yosemite and then used the Migration Assistant to move my Time Machine files onto the new system drive.

Everything worked just fine, except my Messages and iCloud mail accounts which want my password - which doesn't work. So I requested a new password and was given 2 choices: an email to my registered account, which never came, or an on-line interview to make sure I am me. The first question was my birthdate, and when I entered it, It said it was wrong. In the meantime, I can't chat and I dan't access iCloud emails. What next?

Mac Pro 3.0, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:44 PM

Might want to edit your Mac OS version in your equipment line; OS 10.4 cannot run Messages or iCloud. Might create more questions that you get answers for future posts if yu leave 10.4.10 showing.

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:04 AM in response to kaz-k

I had to change my Apple ID because the site said that it was not strong enough. Once I did that, I was allowed to make the other changes, including the password. Interestingly, the first ID question asked was my birthday. I had just looked at it on the page, and it was listed correctly there, but wouldn't accept my equally correct response. Go figure. Anyhow, the problem has been solved.

Messages Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.