Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I know if my iPhone was refurbished?

I bought my iPhone as new,but it seems to me that he was refurbished, how can I know this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:39 PM

14 replies

Jun 2, 2015 2:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'm living in Ukraine and as I know we don't have official resellers so I think you are don't now this store. What makes me think that it was refurbished.. as I said, it's not official reseller, box is not like the original and today I checked my iPhone by serial number using this service http://appstudio.org/models/FD298ZA and saw that it was refurbished.

Jun 2, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Serpentar1us

Serpentar1us wrote:

"What do you mean by.." Can the warranty begins again after refurbishing?

"Where are you seeing this?" I seen this on the box.

What do you mean by "warranty begins again after refurbishing?" Are you asking about getting the device refurbished again? If you get a refurbished device from Apple, they come with a warranty. If that device gets replaced, it gets the balance of the warranty or 90 days, whichever is longest.

I've never seen "certified pre-owned" on a box. Who knows where that device came from.

How can I know if my iPhone was refurbished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.