Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After rotating the monitor 180, when mousing over any text, the text cursor does not align with the text. It is high and to the left. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am running 10.6 on a Mac mini, and have rotated the monitor 180 degrees so I can custom mount the monitor from overhead. After rotating the display, my cursor experiences an offset when mousing over text. This issues does not occur when selecting objects outside of a text field. This occurs through all programs with selectable text. has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there a fix?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2016 9:39 AM in response to Jewatu

I first encountered this problem 3 months ago and I keep expecting a system update to fix it but I'm running 10.11.4 and the issue is still here (MacBook Air and Thunderbolt display). Luckily, most source code editors (Atom, SublimeText or Xcode) don't seem to be affected by the issue … luckily, because it would literally be the worst place not to be able to select text correctly.

I'm sorry that I can't provide a fix, I just wanted to post somewhere that the problem is still there.

After rotating the monitor 180, when mousing over any text, the text cursor does not align with the text. It is high and to the left. Has anyone else experienced this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.