Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app not playing an audiobook on iPhone 5s

I've paid and downloaded an audiobook, which came in two parts. Listened to the first part a few months ago and now when I try to play the second part, the screen swipes left and back and I get a search screen showing the two parts of the book. Audio book never starts. Tried to play the first part and got the same action. Book will play on my MacBook Pro with iTunes 12.1.2.27 under OS X 10.10.3. iPhone 5s iOS 8.3.

Any clues ???

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2015 11:36 AM

Howdy Ras,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If an item purchased from the iTunes Store does not play on your iPhone, then I recommend deleting the content from your iPhone, and then sync it back to your iPhone from your Mac.

Remove songs, albums, or audiobooks from the Music app by swiping to the left and tapping delete.

User uploaded file

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Ras

Howdy Ras,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If an item purchased from the iTunes Store does not play on your iPhone, then I recommend deleting the content from your iPhone, and then sync it back to your iPhone from your Mac.

Remove songs, albums, or audiobooks from the Music app by swiping to the left and tapping delete.

User uploaded file

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Music app not playing an audiobook on iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.