Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have my iPod set up for manual sync but iTunes continues to add misc songs to my devise. How can i turn this off and remove these songs?

I have my iPod set up for manual sync yet iTunes continues to add misc songs to my devise. How do I get this to stop and remove these songs?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2015 11:51 AM

Hi there mitch.w,

It sounds like you have verified that you have manual syncing enabled on your iPod but iTunes insists on syncing media you dont want to it anyway. I would start by unchecking the checkbox to sync music to your device, and applying that:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

User uploaded file

Then restart both the computer, and your device:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Then sync the music back to your iPod and test the issue out again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2015 11:51 AM in response to mitch.w

Hi there mitch.w,

It sounds like you have verified that you have manual syncing enabled on your iPod but iTunes insists on syncing media you dont want to it anyway. I would start by unchecking the checkbox to sync music to your device, and applying that:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

User uploaded file

Then restart both the computer, and your device:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Then sync the music back to your iPod and test the issue out again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

I have my iPod set up for manual sync but iTunes continues to add misc songs to my devise. How can i turn this off and remove these songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.