Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music only playing partial song

Hi,

Strange issue that I never had before. On my iPhone 6 certain songs play for a bit(seems to be around 1:30 or so) and then the music stops. The track timeline keeps going, but there is no sound. As an example if I am listening to a song that is 3:00 long, it will play to a random point such as 1:24 then just be silent until 3:00 then move to the next song.

I have tried resetting the phone. Deleting the song and downloading again it with the iTunes app on the iPhone. In most cases it seems to keep the same spot for the silence. In one case the audio is there but it is not right, it hits the time and then jumps to another part of the song. Think of a record skipping back for those of us old enough 🙂. Also, this issue never happened on my old 5s or on iTunes on the computer

Strange issue and all the stuff I found searching was of the 'delete and download again' variety which hasn't worked for me on multiple songs.

Thanks,

Brian

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:43 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone music only playing partial song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.