Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone says it's on T-Mobile but says it's not unlocked during activation. Why?

My iphone 4s says it's on T-Mobile 18.1 on Settings>General>About>Carrier and i bought a mirco sim T-Mobile card, but during the activation process it says it is not valid. I don't know if the phone has been restored btw. I just bought it. I mainly don't want to restore it because I'm afraid I might get locked out of it if I do. Please help.

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:00 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Monsterkid97

Monsterkid97 wrote:

My iphone 4s says it's on T-Mobile 18.1 on Settings>General>About>Carrier and i bought a mirco sim T-Mobile card, but during the activation process it says it is not valid. I don't know if the phone has been restored btw. I just bought it. I mainly don't want to restore it because I'm afraid I might get locked out of it if I do. Please help.

What is the exact error message? Does it say you should insert a SIM for the correct carrier, or merely that the SIM is invalid?

My iphone says it's on T-Mobile but says it's not unlocked during activation. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.