Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7.0.3 quits unexpectantly after loading. Have deleted prefs etc. per instruction, but still quits. Short of re-installing the program, does anybody have any suggestions?

Following an apparently over-exuberant clean-up yesterday, my FCP 7.03 now will not open -- it loads almost all the way then quits. The error seems to have been when I deleted what I thought was an old alias that somehow triggered deletion of other files. I have followed instructions to delete preferences, used Pref_Man to remove the files, and it still won't load. I do not have immediate access to the install disks so I am stuck at a crucial point in a project. Short of re-installing the program, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Version 7.0.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:32 PM

Fixed! Solution was to re-install updates available at Pro Applications Update 2010-02

🙂🙂🙂🙂

1 reply

FCP 7.0.3 quits unexpectantly after loading. Have deleted prefs etc. per instruction, but still quits. Short of re-installing the program, does anybody have any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.