Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" 5k retina automatically wakes up when sleeping?

I am on an iMac 27" with OS X 10.10.3, and every time I put my computer to sleep, the display turns off, and then 10 seconds later, I see my usb mouse light turn off, as if it's sleeping, and then 2 seconds later, my computer's display comes back on and it's away. If I immediately put it to sleep again then it stays asleep...

I always have to put my computer to sleep twice in order to get it to actually sleep. Does anyone know why this consistently happens?

My energy saver settings have "wake for network access disabled" turned off..

Bluetooth is off..

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:51 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 1:01 PM in response to Patrick Collins

Test after each of the following steps that you haven’t already tried:

Step 1

Take all the applicable steps suggested in this support article. That's the starting point for any further effort to solve the problem. Skipping any of those steps may mean that the problem won't be solved.

Note that, as stated in the article, the computer will not sleep if some sharing services are enabled. From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Sharing

Turn off all sharing services.

Step 2

Select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Accessibility ▹ Speakable Items: Off

Step 3

Select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Bluetooth ▹ Advanced...

and uncheck both boxes marked

Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if...

Step 4

In the Printers & Scanners preference pane, delete any duplicate printers.

Jun 2, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Linc Davis

I followed that article prior to posting.

1) I have no items under sharing checked.

2) I see no "speakable items" anywhere in system preferences > accessibility, perhaps you meant voiceover? It's off.

3) As I stated in my original post, bluetooth is off

4) I have no printers.

I just put my computer to sleep and sure enough 12 seconds later, it comes back on.

My solution so far was to put an alias to the lock screen in my bash profile:

alias lock='/System/Library/CoreServices/"Menu Extras"/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession -suspend'

So from now on I just will lock my screen since sleep does not work.

iMac 27" 5k retina automatically wakes up when sleeping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.