Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you share User Patches?

When you create a new user patch is there a way to send that patch to other people through email? I want to share some of the sounds that I have created but I can't find a way to do so.

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:11 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Tedlock

Absolutetly , you can do that.

The Patches you store yourself in GarageBand are stored in the Finder inside your user directory:

"username"/Music/Audio MUsic Apps/Patches/

In that folder, you can see subfolders for the different types of Patches (Instrument, Audio, etc). Just copy any file to a different location and send to a different computer (they are so small, you can even email the files.

On the other computer, just move the Patches files into the same folder. Make sure to remember which folder it was.

One tip: A computer might not have the subfolders yet. Just save a Patch and GarageBand will create the folder structure and then you can move the file into the proper folder

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can you share User Patches?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.