Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authorization issues

I'm at my wits end with iTunes and could use help.

iTunes will not sync my phone. It tells me it "could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items that are on this iPhone."

This is the ONLY computer I ever sync my iPhone with.

I've authorized this computer and it still tells me it isn't authorized. In fact, I've authorized it so many time, that I'm at the #5 limit! I only have two computers (a desktop and laptop), so only two computers should be authorized for this, yet it tells me 5 because it never recognized my authorizations.

I cannot remove or sync anything.

I've already tried redownloading iTunes, but it does nothing. Still the same messages.

HELP, please!

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:14 PM

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize you(r) computer

You can de-authorize all computers then re-authorize them. See below:

You can de-authorize individual computers, but only by using those computers. The only other option is to "de-authorize all" from your iTunes account.

1. Open iTunes on a computer

2. From the Store menu, select "View my Account..."

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

4. Under "Computer Authorizations" select "De-authorize All".

5. Authorize each computer you still have, as you may require.

You may only do this once per year.

After you "de-authorize all" your authorized computers, re-authorize each one as required.

If you have de-authorized all computers and need to do it again, but your year has not elapsed, then contact: Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us.

For more information on authorization and de-authorization: iTunes Store- Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Revitalization

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize you(r) computer

You can de-authorize all computers then re-authorize them. See below:

You can de-authorize individual computers, but only by using those computers. The only other option is to "de-authorize all" from your iTunes account.

1. Open iTunes on a computer

2. From the Store menu, select "View my Account..."

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

4. Under "Computer Authorizations" select "De-authorize All".

5. Authorize each computer you still have, as you may require.

You may only do this once per year.

After you "de-authorize all" your authorized computers, re-authorize each one as required.

If you have de-authorized all computers and need to do it again, but your year has not elapsed, then contact: Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us.

For more information on authorization and de-authorization: iTunes Store- Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC.

authorization issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.