Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sharing between my apple devices

I connected my MacBook to my iPhone through iCloud/Photo Streaming. I wanted to backup all of my photos from my iPhone onto my MacBook. But unfortunately, all of the photos on my laptop also downloaded onto my phone. Now I have over 3,000 pictures on my phone that I do not want. Is there a way to import pictures wirelessly to my laptop without downloading pictures back onto my phone?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:20 PM

Is there a way to import pictures wirelessly to my laptop without downloading pictures back onto my phone?

That depends on your MacOS X version and photo library software. With MAcOS X 10.10.3 and the new Photos for Mac, the Photo Stream will go both ways. All new photos from your iPhone will download to the Mac and all photos from your Mac will upload. If you are using iPhoto or Aperture instead of Photos for Mac you can select to only download to the Mac from Photo Stream without automatic upload.

If you are using Photos and Yosemite connect the iPhone to USB and download directly into Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 2:20 PM in response to micfarley19

Is there a way to import pictures wirelessly to my laptop without downloading pictures back onto my phone?

That depends on your MacOS X version and photo library software. With MAcOS X 10.10.3 and the new Photos for Mac, the Photo Stream will go both ways. All new photos from your iPhone will download to the Mac and all photos from your Mac will upload. If you are using iPhoto or Aperture instead of Photos for Mac you can select to only download to the Mac from Photo Stream without automatic upload.

If you are using Photos and Yosemite connect the iPhone to USB and download directly into Photos.

iCloud sharing between my apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.