Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Capital variants be removed from suggestions in Get Info in iTunes?

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove capitalised suggestions in the master lists for the 'Get info' options in iTunes? Is it possible to edit these lists at all? I'm using iTunes 12.1.2 but this problem probably exists for most previous versions of iTunes as well.

I realise that suggestions are added to these master lists from new tracks and albums added to your iTunes and that suggestions can normally be removed by changing all tracks and albums that have that information in a particular area to something else (e.g. for all the music that you have the genre as 'Electro House', changing the genre to 'Electronic' should remove the 'Electro House' option from the master list and the automatic suggestions).

However, when it comes to capital letters (for me at least) this doesn't always work. It seems to be because iTunes doesn't differentiate between the capital and non-capital spelling of information, although I don't know that.

Here's an example - at some point I added music to my iTunes Library listed as 'VARIOUS ARTISTS' in capitals rather than lower case letters. I've since changed all music with 'Various' in any format to say 'Various Artists' in lower case. I've checked and searching for 'VARIOUS ARTISTS' in capitals only brings up lower case spelling, so the capitalised variant should no longer appear in the album artist master list, however it does still appear and (rather annoyingly) is the automatic default suggestion whenever I try to type Various for anything. In fact, iTunes seems to 'correct' the lower case spelling to the capitalised spelling, even when I click on the lower case variant in the list of options.

Although this is a very minor problem (and can be bypassed by misspelling and then correcting the spelling mistake at the end) it is surprisingly irritating.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iTunes 12.1.2.27

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 12:39 PM

There are no replies.

Can Capital variants be removed from suggestions in Get Info in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.