Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Put accidentally deleted iMessages back onto phone from Messages app?

Hi there. I recently accidentally deleted all the iMessages from my sister on my iPhone 6 and I'd really like them back. I can see them all archived on the desktop Messages app, but is it possible when I sync my phone to make them all appear back on my phone again? I'm afraid if I sync, I will accidentally clear all her messages from the Messages app on my desktop as well.

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:04 PM

4 replies

Jun 4, 2015 12:40 PM in response to MissLadyJane

Hello MissLadyJane,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that all of the messages in the Messages application were deleted and you would like to recover them. If a backup was made in either iCloud or iTunes prior to those messages being deleted, you can restore from that backup. The attached article explains this process.

Keep in mind that if you restore from a backup, any new content added to the iPhone from the date of the backup to the current date will be erased.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Jun 4, 2015 1:47 PM in response to MissLadyJane

Hi MissLadyJane,

I understand that you see the messages on your computer and are wondering if you can sync them from the computer to your iPhone. The only way to recover these messages on the iPhone would be to restore from a backup, however. I know situations with data loss can be frustrating, but if a backup does exist, that information can be recovered.

Best regards,

Joe

Put accidentally deleted iMessages back onto phone from Messages app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.