Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my iCloud email adress, seems impossible.

So I had a ridiculous idea about an hour ago! Since my iTunes/iCloud account is using an old email adress I used in High School, I thought, let's change it to something more appropriate.

So I went into iTunes, clicked on My Account ---> Account Info, Edit and decided to change my email adress and added a new password.

So far so good.

Then my iPhone asked me to change my iCloud password since it couldn't connect. Don't recall the exact steps, but it connected & changed my email and new password quite easily. So far still good!

Then my Macbook Pro acted up stating I should change my password. That's where the trouble started. Turns out it's impossible (at least to me) to change your iCloud email adress. It just keeps asking for the old password & email that no longer exist. Even after adding the old email as a secondairy email adres in the Apple ID section it still doesn't work. It just keeps on asking for the password of the old (greyed out) email adress.

Even worse, eventually it locked me out and forced me to restore my password, which forced me to make up a new one, since it doesn't allow passwords used in the past year. NICE.

So I've been trying and trying, the only thing that worked to get things back to 'normal' was changing everything back to it's original state. The old high-school email adress that is. Score count: 5x changing email adresses and verification, 4 new passwords and equal account resets. Way to go.

Am I overlooking something simple? Or is this just a messed up bug? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:29 PM

There are no replies.

I want to change my iCloud email adress, seems impossible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.