Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I still can't pair Keynote remote with my iPad. iPhone 5 and iPad 3 running 8.3

Neither my iPad nor my iPhone now recognize each other in order to connect Keynote remote when using Keynote on the iPad. Tried hard reset and personal hotspot with no luck. Both are paired successfully with a wireless speaker so i know Bluetooth is working.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Hey there MickLead,

I understand that you are seeing some connection issues with the Keynote Remote app. I have an article for you that lists all of the relevant steps for obtaining a connection between your iOS devices for using Keynote Remote, and it can be found here:

Link Keynote Remote to another iOS device

For best results, make sure both iOS devices have the most recent version of iOS.

1. Turn on Wi-Fi.
    If you're using Keynote for iOS 2.5 or later and both iOS devices have a Lightning connector, make sure that both have Wi-Fi turned on.
    If you're using an earlier version of Keynote on either device, or if either device has a dock connector (iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3rd Generation), make sure that they're both on the same wireless network.
    With iOS 8.3, Keynote Remote does not work over a network hosted by a Mac with Internet Sharing, or a network hosted by an iOS device using Personal Hotspot.
    Learn what to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.
  2. If you can't connect over Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
    See Use Keynote Remote with Bluetooth below for more information.
  3. On the device you'll use for the presentation, open your Keynote presentation.
  4. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  5. Tap Presentation Tools.
  6. Tap Allow Remote Control.
  7. Turn on Enable Remotes.
  8. On the device you will use as the remote, open the Keynote app.
  9. Tap the Keynote Remote icon in the toolbar of the presentation manager. If you're in a presentation, tap Presentations in the toolbar to open the presentation manager.
    In portrait orientations on smaller devices, tap the User uploaded file icon.
  10. If this is the first attempt to link to this Keynote Remote, tap Continue.
  11. If this is not your first attempt to link to this Keynote Remote, tap the Devices button. Then tap "Add a Device."
  12. On the device displaying the presentation, next to the name of the device that will control the presentation, tap Link. The device name appears in the Allow Remote Control menu.
  13. Compare the four digit passcode that appears on the presentation device to the passcode that appears on the remote device. If match, tap Confirm.
  14. On the presentation device, tap Done to return to the presentation.
  15. To control the slideshow on the presentation device, tap Play on the controlling device. Learn how to use Keynote Remote after you link it in Use Keynote Remote below.
  16. If the play button on the remote device won’t respond, turn on remotes on the remote device by following steps 3–7 above on that device.

Use Keynote Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204378

Make sure you dutifully proceed through these steps when attempting to connect the Keynote Remote. Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2015 12:42 PM in response to MickLead

Hey there MickLead,

I understand that you are seeing some connection issues with the Keynote Remote app. I have an article for you that lists all of the relevant steps for obtaining a connection between your iOS devices for using Keynote Remote, and it can be found here:

Link Keynote Remote to another iOS device

For best results, make sure both iOS devices have the most recent version of iOS.

1. Turn on Wi-Fi.
    If you're using Keynote for iOS 2.5 or later and both iOS devices have a Lightning connector, make sure that both have Wi-Fi turned on.
    If you're using an earlier version of Keynote on either device, or if either device has a dock connector (iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3rd Generation), make sure that they're both on the same wireless network.
    With iOS 8.3, Keynote Remote does not work over a network hosted by a Mac with Internet Sharing, or a network hosted by an iOS device using Personal Hotspot.
    Learn what to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.
  2. If you can't connect over Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
    See Use Keynote Remote with Bluetooth below for more information.
  3. On the device you'll use for the presentation, open your Keynote presentation.
  4. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  5. Tap Presentation Tools.
  6. Tap Allow Remote Control.
  7. Turn on Enable Remotes.
  8. On the device you will use as the remote, open the Keynote app.
  9. Tap the Keynote Remote icon in the toolbar of the presentation manager. If you're in a presentation, tap Presentations in the toolbar to open the presentation manager.
    In portrait orientations on smaller devices, tap the User uploaded file icon.
  10. If this is the first attempt to link to this Keynote Remote, tap Continue.
  11. If this is not your first attempt to link to this Keynote Remote, tap the Devices button. Then tap "Add a Device."
  12. On the device displaying the presentation, next to the name of the device that will control the presentation, tap Link. The device name appears in the Allow Remote Control menu.
  13. Compare the four digit passcode that appears on the presentation device to the passcode that appears on the remote device. If match, tap Confirm.
  14. On the presentation device, tap Done to return to the presentation.
  15. To control the slideshow on the presentation device, tap Play on the controlling device. Learn how to use Keynote Remote after you link it in Use Keynote Remote below.
  16. If the play button on the remote device won’t respond, turn on remotes on the remote device by following steps 3–7 above on that device.

Use Keynote Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204378

Make sure you dutifully proceed through these steps when attempting to connect the Keynote Remote. Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

I still can't pair Keynote remote with my iPad. iPhone 5 and iPad 3 running 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.