Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my contacts on my iPhone 6 and iMac. The iPhone has the correct contacts list but does not sync with my iMac. Thank you

How do I sync my contacts on my iPhone 6 and iMac.

The iPhone has the correct contacts list but does not sync with my iMac.

My email and calendar are synced.

Thank you

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2015 12:45 PM in response to swen larsen

Hello there, Swen.

When resolving issues with contacts syncing across multiple devices, the following Knowledge Base article offers up some great, in-depth steps for troubleshooting your issue:

Get help using iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

OS X Mountain Lion or later

After each step, check to see if the issue still exists.

Turn on iCloud Contacts and upgrade your software

• Choose Apple () > System Preferences, click iCloud, and select Contacts.
  • Upgrade to the latest version of OS X that's supported by your Mac.

Check your Internet connection

1. Try to go to www.apple.com in Safari. If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud contacts won't update in the Contacts app. Get help with your Internet connection.
  2. Try to open a secure website from your Mac to see if you can access ports 80 and 443. If the website doesn't open, you don't have access. Contact your Internet service provider for help. Safari requires access to port 443 to push updates between iCloud and your devices.

Check your iCloud account details

Go to Apple () > System Preferences and click iCloud. Make sure that you're signed in to the same iCloud account that you're using on your other supported devices.

Check your default Contacts account

If you store and edit your contacts using your iCloud account instead of a third-party account, like Google or Yahoo, iCloud will automatically update your contacts. Check whether your contact is stored with iCloud:

1. Open Contacts.
  2. Click All [iCloud Account Name] in the left sidebar.
  3. Search for the contact that isn't updating properly.
  4. If the contact isn't visible, then it exists in a third-party account, not iCloud.
  5. You can import the contact from a third-party account into iCloud.

If you have multiple accounts on your device like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Contacts account:

1. Open Contacts.
  2. Select Contacts > Preferences.
  3. On the General tab, make sure that your iCloud account is the default.

Turn off iCloud Contacts and turn it back on

1. Quit Contacts.
  2. Select Apple () > System Preferences and click iCloud.
  3. Deselect Contacts.
    On OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks, when asked, click Keep Contacts.
  4. Close System Preferences and wait about a minute.
  5. Open System Preferences and select iCloud.
  6. Select Contacts.
  7. Open Contacts.

Restart your computer

Restart your computer and see if the issue still exists.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

How do I sync my contacts on my iPhone 6 and iMac. The iPhone has the correct contacts list but does not sync with my iMac. Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.