Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iPhone have a virus??

my iPhone is acting wonky...should I be worried about a virus? It's deleting random text message, not delivery others, will shut off for no reason...Would resetting it help or is it just because the phone is 3-4 years old & is past its prime?

I'm also wondering if this is from the last update I did to the 8.2...I was told not to update as it would screw up my phone since the newest updates are meant to work with the newest phones. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to have to spend the money on a new phone yet...especially not the iPhone 6's they're HUGE!! I'm hoping for a better option in the iPhone7

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 1:49 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 1:54 PM in response to joeyogurl

Unless your iPhone is jailbroken, you cannot have a virus. User troubleshooting for the iPhone consists of restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Does my iPhone have a virus??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.