Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

breakup of music on iTunes with Yosemite

Is there some sort of conflict between Mac Mini, Yosemite 1o3.3, Bluetooth, iTunes and Bose?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:41 PM

9 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Rysz

Just about every time I play a playlist from iTunes to my Bose Mini Bluetooth the music starts braking up after a short time. Just wondering if there is some conflict. Running a Mac Mini with Yosemite 10.3.3 and iTunes 12..1.2.27. Did not have this problem when I still ran the old iMac and an older version of iTunes. It all started with the Mac Mini (2014 model) and iTunes 12.1.2.27.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Jun 2, 2015 4:04 PM in response to charlesfromcorrales

The issue you describe is more likely due to Bluetooth than to iTunes per se. FWIW, I'm also on a Mac mini and am not experiencing any new Bluetooth problems.

Standard checklist:

- Have you added any new Bluetooth devices at the same time as the new Mac mini?

- Does the issue get better when Bose is located closer to the Mac mini?

- Does the issue get better when you temporarily disable Wi-Fi?

- Does the issue get better when you move your Wi-Fi radio (AirPort?) further away from your Mac mini?

Jun 2, 2015 4:42 PM in response to Rysz

Have not added any new Bluetooth devices. WIFI is disabled, The Bose is less than 20 feet away and it doesn't seem to make any difference if it is closer or farther. I'm at a loss I guess. Does not happen all the time but most of the time. Thought mabybe the MINI is too low in my computer room (a difference of about two feet from the where the and the old iMac was located on the desk and there is some kind of interference between the Mini and the Speaker but it does'e seem to make a difference where the speaker is relative to the Mini.

Jun 2, 2015 6:01 PM in response to charlesfromcorrales

I'm stomped. You seem to have covered all the basics...

Maximum spec distance for Bluetooth is only 30 feet, so the 20-foot distance to the speaker is not as close as it might seem. The two-foot difference in the Mac position might also be significant, especially if something is blocking line-of-site path for the signal (I know it's radio waves, but it does make a difference)..

Jun 2, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Rysz

The problem is most likely solved in Mavericks Bluetooth Audio

You download and install an Xcode component, Hardware patcher, start the "BlueTooth Explorer" - and this is interesting.

On the Tools / Audio Options, I found that the min. bitpool assigned to the BT headset to be 2 - set to 40.

Then i force "aptX" - and started the "Audio graph" - and reconnected the headset.

Bluetooth is a radio technology that will automatically adjust the transmission power to what is needed. It will also skip frequencies consistently, and sense before transmitting and should therefore be able to coexist with WLAN and share the radio frequencies - just not those that your Mac use. There should be no problems with 150 BT devices in the same room, see RF efficiency calculations for DECT - identical technology. This is not US CDMA, but TDMA with full QoS, hence renders itself neatly as a streaming technology. It may also be used for LAN, and existing DECT technology offers QoS in networks up to 10MBPS. But this is real and proper throughput, and "encrypted" not by changing the bit values but by using multiple radio frequencies, jumping from one to the next in an apparent random fashion. This makes it virtually impossible to intercept, so some people in the US did not like the technology for WLAN.

breakup of music on iTunes with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.