Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I click on a track the arrange window zooms to region in that track. I'm wanting to add to that track, not zoom somewhere else.

When I click on a track the arrange window zooms to region in that track. I'm a film composer, so this is incredibly annoying when i'm working on a 10 minute cue. I'm wanting to add to that track, not zoom somewhere else. How can I turn this function off? Thanks!

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 4:33 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 6:04 PM in response to bobjamesdrums

Sounds like your mouse button assignments are off. Look here, and set what you want a regular click to do (arrow) and a command click to do (usually is the Marquee tool).

User uploaded file

Another trick to know, is using the "T" keyboard shortcut. It brings up the list for a regular mouse click.. Click the tool you need, use it, when done, return to the default Pointer tool (arrow) by simply hitting the T key twice. Very fast. I use this technique, and never use cmd-click anymore.

Jun 2, 2015 6:59 PM in response to BenB

User uploaded file

No ... this screenshot for example - I'm working on the last part of the song. I'm zoomed into bar 161 ish. When I click on the glock track the arrange window snaps to the latest instance of whatever glock region was last recorded (bar 97) instead of staying in the area of bar 161 i'm working on. Logic 9 never did this type of thing, and i imagine there is a way to turn it off. I just can't find it.

Jun 2, 2015 8:09 PM in response to bobjamesdrums

Your screenshot shows that you are zoomed-out to show your entire Project (not zoomed-in). So I don't know what you mean by that and what zoom command you are using to.

Despite that, there are two things that come to mind about your question:

Consideration 1

When you zoom-in in the Tracks Window Logic locks a specific position and zooms into that. Everything left and right of that position is scrolled to the side the further you zoom in. You have to know what that "locked position" is, otherwise, the area you want to zoom in might move out of sight.

Here is the basic rule (see the next screenshot with an explanation of all conditions)

• If no Region is selected, then Logic will zoom around the Playhead Position, the Playhead is the locked position.
  • If a Region(s) is selected , then Logic zooms around the selected Region, the left border of the selected Region is the lock position

Here is a screenshot from my Logic book "Logic Pro X - The Details" where I provide an in-depth explanation about the "predictable" functionality of zooming (information not found in any other book!)

User uploaded file

Consideration 2

Now there is another things that happens:

There is a Preferences settings in the General tab "Select regions on track selection". I think it is enabled by default. It means that when you select a Track, for example our "block" track, all the Regions on that Track are selected. Now when you use the zoom in command, the Playhead Position (161) will be ignored and Logic zooms around the selected Regions on that Track

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

When I click on a track the arrange window zooms to region in that track. I'm wanting to add to that track, not zoom somewhere else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.