Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ho do I use the lighting digital AV adapter to watch movies from iPad to television

I am trying to use the lightning digital av adapter to watch movies/television already on my iPad or iPhone on my HDMI enabled television..any hints?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:39 PM

Connect the Lightning end to your iPad, then connect an HDMI cable between the adapter and your TV HDMI input. Some TVs will recognize an active HDMI connection and switch to it automatically. Others require that you switch Input to the connection manually

BTW, a much easier way of accomplishing this is to use Apple TV wirelessly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 2:39 PM in response to DanicffromCT

Connect the Lightning end to your iPad, then connect an HDMI cable between the adapter and your TV HDMI input. Some TVs will recognize an active HDMI connection and switch to it automatically. Others require that you switch Input to the connection manually

BTW, a much easier way of accomplishing this is to use Apple TV wirelessly.

Ho do I use the lighting digital AV adapter to watch movies from iPad to television

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.