Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6, 64gb just broke today by itself...iTunes restore doesn't work....

My girlfriends iPhone 6, 64GB stopped working today. After reseting the device, apple logo flashes very quickly and turns off by itself. First thought - the battery is empty.

Connecting to the power source and waiting 20-30 minutes, couple of times didn't helped. It starts booting, but after the short apple logo it turns off very quickly and shows dimmed light, although the screen is very dark (weird!?!?). Disconnecting from the power source turns the phone completely dark.

I've tried cables, adapters from other iPhone - nothing worked.

Connected to the mac - restore mode - firstly, iTunes reported an update - didn't worked (error 27)

After trying to completly restore, it starts showing the processing bar on the phone but stops and reset the phone after the firmware update and reboots with same short logo appearance, black screen and iTunes reports to restore it again...over and over again....

Obviously it is an hardware issue. My GF and I have been using iPhones since iPhone 3G, never had something like this.

Anyway, the phone is around 8 months old, always used with original accessories, never dropped, no water damage etc. should be covered by apple care !

If someone had similar experience and got the phone working I would appreciate any help. Yet another question, how to delete, factory restore the phone before sending it to apple, if the phone doesn't turn on?? And how to turn off "find my iPhone", iMessage?

Another thing came into my mind, remembering reading about iPhone 6 with larger storage having a hardware issues....could that be it?

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/11/rumor-a-memory-issue-forces-apple-to-make-a-h ardware-change-on-some-iphone-6-units

Thanks!

Danny

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:54 PM

1 reply

iPhone 6, 64gb just broke today by itself...iTunes restore doesn't work....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.