Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sticking with Aperture

I'm on Mavaricks and plan to move to Yosemite. I understand from other posts, if I am careful I can get Aperture 3.6 (latest version) running on Yosemite. Can I assume that as soon as I upgrade to Yosemite I will be given a choice to enable me to stay away from the new photos app for now. i.e. my old aperture library will still be there ?

Second question if I may. if in future the new photos app improves a little and I upgrade to it, on Yosemite, might it be possible to export the photos I keep in the new photos app into 'Aperture', edit them there and then send them back to the new photos app.

MacBook,MacbookPro,iMac,ipad-wifi, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 4:17 PM

I suggest that you have upgraded to the latest version of Aperture before you upgrade to Yosemite. The current version of Yosemite that would download is 1010.3 with Photos. Upgrading to Yosemite will not provide a choice of whether to take Photos or not. Photos will be installed. Your old version of Aperture may be removed during the installation, but your Aperture library will remain untouched. In any case be safe and make a backup first.

If you purchased Aperture from the App Store, then you can re-download it which will provide you with the last version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Mr_Danny_b

I suggest that you have upgraded to the latest version of Aperture before you upgrade to Yosemite. The current version of Yosemite that would download is 1010.3 with Photos. Upgrading to Yosemite will not provide a choice of whether to take Photos or not. Photos will be installed. Your old version of Aperture may be removed during the installation, but your Aperture library will remain untouched. In any case be safe and make a backup first.

If you purchased Aperture from the App Store, then you can re-download it which will provide you with the last version.

Sticking with Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.