Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep iTunes program on my SSD but have the music on my HDD

I know I have done this before but just can't recall how I did it. I have a computer with 2 drives a SDD for fast boot-ups and a traditional large HDD for data storage.

I'd like to install iTunes on my SSD but have the library and all my songs on the HDD because the SSD is too small.

What is the best way to do this? Should I just install everything to the HDD?

thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:49 AM

Install iTunes as normal. If you have an existing library copy it to the root of the HDD drive as X:\iTunes where X: is the drive letter. Press and hold down shift when you launch iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Click choose if using an existing library and browse to X:\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl, otherwise click create and create a library at X:\ in a folder called iTunes.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 12:49 AM in response to Boating Dave

Install iTunes as normal. If you have an existing library copy it to the root of the HDD drive as X:\iTunes where X: is the drive letter. Press and hold down shift when you launch iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Click choose if using an existing library and browse to X:\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl, otherwise click create and create a library at X:\ in a folder called iTunes.

tt2

How to keep iTunes program on my SSD but have the music on my HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.