Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect iPad air to vehicle's composite aux input

I am looking for a way to connect my ipad air to our van's composite aux input. Basically, I want to stream video on my ipad while we're on the road and have it play on the tv screen in the van for the kids. I have a lightning digital AV adapter from Apple as well as a HDMI to RCA converter box (see link)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009A4Q1WI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_deta ilpage_o00_s00

The path goes:

ipad air --- lightning digital AV adapter --- HDMI cable --- HDMI to RCA converter box --- RCA cable (yellow/white/red connectors) --- van's composite auxillary input

When I connect everything and try to open a video on Netflix, it says "Cannot play video. Connected display is not supported". What am I doing wrong? Does this have something to do with Netflix bing HDCP protected material? Even when I connect all the converters/cables, the ipad display will not show. This also goes for if I'm connecting the ipad air to an analog TV.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:37 PM

There are no replies.

Connect iPad air to vehicle's composite aux input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.