Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter got the "effective power" text today. And is now unable to reply to or open texts or imessages, anyone know how to fix this?

my daughter got the effective power text today, and now cannot open or reply to texts or imessages. any idea how to fix this?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 2:45 PM

See this Apple Support Document. If Messages quits unexpectedly after you get a text with a specific string of characters - Apple Support

5 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:09 PM in response to andersonmichelle07

That's okay. I know people are frustrated about this. The thing that bothers me the most is that the texts are being sent/forwarded by people's friends. I believe knowing that you can disable a person's phone and doing it on purpose is unacceptable. And FYI, using all caps on the Internet is considered yelling, and is considered rude. Just wanted you to know. No real problem. Hope you get the device going again.

my daughter got the "effective power" text today. And is now unable to reply to or open texts or imessages, anyone know how to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.