Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Numbers '09 after grouping rows into Categories, if a Category is missing a value in a column how do I filter out that whole Category or delete that whole Category?

In Numbers '09 after grouping rows into Categories, if a Category is missing a value in a column how do I filter out that whole Category or delete that whole Category?

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:37 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2015 11:36 PM in response to Peter C.

Hi Peter,

The Numbers '09 User Guide says (Page 70)

You can add new categories, remove categories, and perform other operations by using the cell reference pop-up menu for a category row. Choosing Expand All or Collapse All expands or collapses all categories at the level of the row from which you chose the command.

You can find the Guide here:

Numbers '09 User Guide - Apple

I am not fobbing you off, its just that I am not experienced in Categories. Now that I use Numbers 3 (categories not supported, so other ways of working are needed) I don't think about them much.

Good luck!

Regards,

Ian.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.