Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I solve this mail problem: Connections to the server “p01-smtp.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.

For no reason I cannot use mail. Didn't do anything - honest! But mail states this problem, but not how to solve it. Please help.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPhone 3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:07 PM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2015 1:07 PM in response to barneyhairball

Hi barneyhairball,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are receiving a SMTP error while trying to send an email from your iCloud account. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article, specifically the If you receive an alert when you send a message from your @icloud.com email address using Mail on your Mac section.

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

I also notice by the time and date of your post that some services were experiencing a disruption during that time. As an added resource, please use the next attached article to check the status of Apple Services, Stores, and iCloud in the future.

Apple - Support - System Status

Best regards,

Joe

Jun 5, 2015 5:55 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe. On hols using their gadgets - a Huawei thingy that plugs both into the wall socked and my Mac - neither work. I have downloaded the Huawei app thingie to no avail either. I can go into its settings but it all is gobbledegook to me. Any icloud outgoing mail server I use, states (off line, by it). If the Huawei thing is stopping outgoing mail, I can't see anything to explain why. I imagine all this nonsense makes no sense - but any ideas, please advise.

How can I solve this mail problem: Connections to the server “p01-smtp.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.