Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is current period roaming

So I'm really worried that I am going to be charged extra For international roaming. My friend from Germany has been texting me using Imessage and he said it won't charge me as long as it stays iMessage, but I am just nervous. I am not using wifi for iMessage just my standard data is that going to make a difference? For my current period roaming it says 71 bytes and I'm not sure what that means? Can someone please help I really don't want to rack up a huge phone bill.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 4:24 PM

If you are not on WiFi then iMessages are using your cell data and you are just about out. You need to contact your cell provider for more information.

4 replies

Jun 2, 2015 4:45 PM in response to cheybae

If you are not the one in a foreign country, and all the messages are coming in and going out as iMessages, (blue, not green in color) then that will use only a tiny amount of data (unless you or your friend are sending pictures or videos via iMessage).

71 bytes is a very tiny amount of data. But, please check that it's not megabytes (MB). That would be a large amount.

As deggie suggested, check with your phone data provider. You should be able to log into your account on their website. Most providers also have their own apps that you can download and use on your iPhone to check your account status.

What is current period roaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.