Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated permission error

Hello All,

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro. It came with "Lion" installed but I have continuously upgraded and am now running "Yosemite." Every time I do a permission repair with the Apple Disk app, I get the following error message:

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Does anybody know enough about the operating system to explain what this error message means? I thank all in advance.

I do weekly permission repairs because I was told to do so by an apparently knowledgeable person on this forum. He had helped me solve a serious hard disk problem with different advice than many other forum members who were all in agreement. This incident led me to reconsider a statement made by the philosopher, Soren Kierkegaard: "The crowd is Untruth."

Message was edited by: gagelle Fixed typo.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Hard Drive Problem.

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:15 PM

1. No. Click here for more information.

2. That the current software is installed.

3. Repairing permissions is occasionally useful as a troubleshooting step but shouldn’t be treated as routine maintenance.

(128220)

2 replies

Repeated permission error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.